It's important to protect children and the community from dangerous dogs. But breed-specific legislation is wrong - for many reasons:
- BSL provides a false sense of security
- Banning breeds does not prevent dog bites
- Breed bans do not address irresponsible ownership
- Breed discrimination punishes good dogs for heing the "wrong breed"
- Breed discrimination may force good owners to surrender or even euthanize their beloved pets
- Breed bans increase surrenders at shelters
- Breed bans increase euthanasia rates of healthy, adoptable dogs